The College started the two year full time Post Graduate course in Commerce from the academic year 2008-09 which is affiliated to Goa University. This was done keeping in view the demand from the undergraduate students of the college. who wanted to pursue post graduation in the field of Commerce and to cater to the need of aspiring students in the nearby rural areas.
The highlight of the M.Com course syllabus is the selection of electives which has been done carefully to go with latest trends in the industry and to keep pace with ever changing times of service sectors. The subjects offered are in the lieu with current industry norms. The M.Com course undergoes frequent revision of syllabus depending on the need of market.
The pedagogy combines lectures,seminars,assignments, Case studies , Group Discussion, Field Trips, study tours and interaction with industry experts. Each Student is encourage to inculcate reading habits, participate in Classroom discussions, undertake research, learn new software that will help them in their research and present research paper in various national and state level seminars. The Classroom environment is adapted with interactive sessions and complemented with the use of multimedia lectures making the subject interesting and learning process more effective. The lecture is conducted as prescribed norms of Goa University.
The Master of Commerce covers core competencies in Accounting, Marketing , Research and Finance .
Stepping up from UG to PG level signifies a greater degree of specialization in the subject studies.
Create opportunities to purse higher studies like PhD after Post Graduation.
MCom Degree course also give strong foundation to the students aspiring for accountancy specialization Course like CA, ICWS, CS, CFA with edge to compete better.
After completing M.Com. the candidate can join teaching profession as Assistant Professor, undertake research in any of the universities / Institutions for Ph.D. programme & join the corporate world such as Banking, Insurance, Securities Market & Manufacturing Industries at managerial level positions, start their own enterprise or apply for jobs in Govt. sector.
- Curriculum to prepare you for Industry & Academic Career
- Experienced Faculty
- Services of professional counsellor for students and parents
- Courses in Life Skills and Personality Development by a professional trainer
- Air-Conditioned classroom
- Wi-fi enabled campus
- ICT enabled classroom with Audio visual facility
- Fully equipped computer lab
- Spacious Library with all facilities – Five Library cards issued to each student of the M.Com. course
- Guest lectures by experts from the industry in the areas of Accounting and Finance
- Assistance for student’s registration and completion of online courses (MOOCS) and other certificate courses
- NET /SET Preparatory Training Programme
- Organizing State Level Seminar/ Workshop
- Study Tour to various Financial Institutions, Educational Institutions and Industries Industrial visits to local manufacturing units
Admissions to the Post Graduate Programmes shall be entirely based on the Goa University Admissions Ranking Test (GU-ART). The marks percentage obtained by the students while graduating would only be used to ascertain the eligibility of candidates for the programme. The purpose of the GU-ART is only to rank the prospective students and not for determination of pass/fail.
Candidates who have completed their Graduation or are in their Final Year of Graduation are eligible to apply.
Selected candidates who are in the Final Year of Graduation shall be granted Provisional Admission. Their admission will be confirmed after the results are declared based on the eligibility. In case a candidate fails to clear the Graduation Examination, the admission shall be cancelled and the fees shall be refunded.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO SEMESTER III & SEMESTER IV
At the end of 2nd semester, students will have to undergo four weeks summer training to gain on the job experience in Commercial / Industrial Organizations / Finance & Investment Companies / Professional firms such as CA’s, Stock Brokers, Project Management Consultants / Small and medium enterprises in Goa or outside. At the end of the summer training, students will be required to produce a certificate of experience for duration of four weeks to become eligible for admission to the second year M.Com Course
Students desirous of seeking admission to the College in M. Com Part I will have to submit their application in the prescribed for along with the following documents:
- Two recent passport size Photographs.
- Transference Certificate
- Marksheets of Semester V & VI (Original with Two Photo copies)
- Caste Certificate for OBC/SC/ST students
- Eligibility Certificate (for students from other Universities & Boards)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) (in case of students from other colleges in Goa.)
- Fees in full as per schedule of fees. No admission will be finalised unless the parent / guardian meet the Principal / Vice – Principal.
- Aadhar Card.
Students should keep ten photo copies of their original Marksheet before they submit it to the college. The original mark sheet will be returned to the student only after the registration formalities are completed (in the month of January). Students are requested not to approach the office asking for their mark sheet in between.
The assessment of all Courses including Dissertation shall comprise continuous intra Semester Assessment (ISA) and Semester-end Assessment (SEA) and shall be fully internal. In case of the Programmes which are offered both at Goa University campus and at affiliated Colleges, the examination of core theory papers shall be conducted by the University and common Question Papers along with answer keys for SEA shall be prepared. The SEA of all Core, Practical and all Optional Courses including dissertations shall be conducted by the teachers as decided by respective DC/ DFC.
Each teacher of the concerned Course shall be the examiner for the portion he/she has taught. The teacher/instructor of the Course shall be the Course Coordinator and shall coordinate the teaching, examination and evaluation (both continuous ISA and SEA) of the Course and maintain records of all assessments/tests/ examinations.
When more than one teacher is involved in teaching a Course, one teacher preferably a regular teacher from the Department shall be identified as the Course Coordinator by the DC/DFC.
( In case of Programmes which are offered at Goa University campus and/orc) at affiliated Colleges, the assessment of SEA answer books of all core Courses shall be done at respective Department or College as the case may be in a manner specified in OA 18.5 (2) (e).
In case of the University Departments, the respective teacher who taught the core course shall assess the answer books based on the answer key provided by the paper setters for the purpose.
In case of affiliated colleges, the respective DFC shall decide the teachers for evaluation of core courses depending upon the master panel of examiners specified in OA 18.5 (2) (e).
For the purpose of paper setting and evaluation of core courses, the concerned BoS shall recommend a master panel of paper setters and examiners comprising both external and internal (for the purpose of co-ordination), which shall be placed before the Academic Council for approval. Under-graduate teachers in affiliated colleges with Ph.D. degrees and at least three years of post- graduate teaching experience and teachers without a Ph.D. but who have 5 years of post-graduate teaching experience shall be eligible for inclusion in such a panel.
(a) The nature of assessments may be Written/Oral, Open/Closed book, Scheduled/ Surprise, Objective / Multiple-choice, Short-answer type, Essay type, Seminar, Assignment, Experimental work, Fieldwork, Viva-Voce, Peer group assessment, Class participation as described in the Course outline.
(b) For each theory Course, a written or any other evidence-based component shall constitute at least 50% of ISA and SEA.
- A Course shall have a ‘single passing-head’ based on the combined performance at the continuous ISA and SEA. Fractional marks shall be rounded off to the nearest integer only at the time of calculating the Course grade.
- The DC/DFC shall constitute a Departmental Examination Committee (DEC) to monitor the conduct of the continuous ISA and SEA.
- The Course-wise time-table of internal assessment shall be displayed at thebeginning of each Semester. Every teacher shall submit to the Head of the Department (HoD)/Principal, the question paper, assessed answer books and the marks assigned within seven days after the conduct of each assessment. The result of each assessment shall be displayed on the Notice Board and the assessed material shall be shown to the candidate(s) by the concerned teacher and submitted to the HoD along with the question paper in a sealed envelope
The M. Com Programme is divided in to Four Semesters. Each Semester shall have Four Courses.
Every student has to undergo 4 weeks Summer Training in industrial organizations to gain hands on experience at the end of Semester II. Students are responsible for identifying the Organisations for their Summer Training Program.
As a part of M. Com Programme Dissertation is offered as Optional during the Third and Fourth Semester as per OA-18A in lieu of Two Courses. Those students who are going to be offered the Dissertation Option may opt for 3 Courses each during the Semester III and IV.
Semester I and II
- COC 120- Cost and Management Accounting
- COC 121 Advanced Financial Management
- COC 122 Business Statistics and Research Methodology
- COC 123 Business Environment & International Business
- COC 220 Advanced Corporate Accounting
- COC 221 Human Resource Management
- COC 222 Marketing Management
- COC 223 Banking and Financial Institutions
- Specialisation Courses [Accounting and Finance] [Semester III and IV]
- COC 330 Financial Derivatives Market
- COC 331 International Financial Management
- COC 332 Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
- COC 333 Financial Services
- COC 334 Capital Markets and Stock Exchange Operations
- COC 335 Corporate Valuations
- COC 336 Cost Management and Control
- COC 337 Accounting Standards and Financial Reporting
- COC 338 Basic Financial Econometrics
- COC 339 Direct Taxes
- COC 430 Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- COC 431 Treasury and Foreign Exchange Management
- COC 432 Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- COC 433 Commodity Derivatives
- COC 434 Management of Mutual Funds
- COC 435 Venture Capital and Private Equity
- COC 436 Insurance Management
- COC 437 Goods and Service Tax
- COC 438 Advanced Econometrics
- COC 439 Financial Research Analytics
- Specialisation Courses [Business Management] [Semester III and IV]
- COC 340 Advertising and Sales Management
- COC 341 Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Research
- COC 342 Training and Development
- COC 343 Performance and Compensation Management
- COC 344 Human Resource Development
- COC 345 Basic Econometrics
- COC 346 Customer Relationship Management
- COC 347 Entrepreneurship Management
- COC 348 Tourism and Travel Management
- COC 349 Marketing Research Analytics
- COC 440 Retail Marketing
- COC 441 Services Marketing
- COC 442 Industrial and Rural Marketing
- COC 443 International Marketing
- COC 444 Enterprises Resource Planning
- COC 445 Industrial Relations and Labour Laws
- COC 446 International Trade and Environment
- COC 447 Advanced Statistical Analytical Models
- COC 448 Digital Marketing and Social Media Management
- COC 449 Organizational Behaviour
- Field Based Optional Courses [Dissertation]
- COD423 Dissertation
POP UP BAZAAR- M.COM. FIESTA 2k19 and FIESTA 2k20 2.O organised on 24th January 2019 and 19th February 2020 from 10.30 AM till 02.30 PM in the department
e-Newsletter by the Post Graduate Department of Commerce (M.Com.) “DnyanPrasar”
Ms. Rohini Patil, Ms. Tammana Muzawar, Ms. Goankar Seema and Ms. Rakshanda Naik participated and presented paper on the various topics connected to GST and its impact of Indian Economy in the two days National Seminar in Pune, organised by Ramkrishna More College, Department of Economics and Commerce in affiliation with Pune University. Besides presentation, Ms. Anu Suresh, Ms. Pooja Fadte and Ms. Diksha Barve actively participated in the same seminar.